Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by drexl <es...@mailbox.org> on 2019/01/07 06:05:03 UTC

spamd: could not create IO: Address already in use.

This is probably a very simple problem, with a simple solution. For me, it is
complex. =)

Short version, spamassassin doesn't appear to be filtering any spam at all
for me. The setup is new, and I think it just hasn't been setup properly. I
followed this tutorial, only a few steps, so shouldn't be having any
problems. But, here I am.
https://vorkbaard.nl/installing-a-mailserver-on-debian-8-part-6-spamfiltering-spamassassin/

In every log, and debugging command, I get the same error.
say: spamd -i
spamd: could not create IO::Socket::IP socket on [::]:783: Address already
in use

When I type: netstat -tap | grep spamd
tcp        0      0 localhost.little.:spamd 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
13118/perl
tcp6       0      0 localhost.little-:spamd [::]:*                  LISTEN
13118/perl

Any tips or suggestions??

--
Sent from: http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/SpamAssassin-Users-f3.html