Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu> on 2013/12/07 00:24:20 UTC

NAR Maven Plugin 3.0.0 released

Hi all!

On behalf of the developers working hard on the NAR plugin for Maven, it is
my pleasure to announce that it is available on Maven Central now:

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|com.github.maven-nar|nar-maven-plugin|3.0.0|maven-plugin

To use it, add this to your pom.xml:

        <plugin>
            <groupId>com.github.maven-nar</groupId>
            <artifactId>nar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>3.0.0</version>
        </plugin>

Since October 17th, 2010, the date of the last commit of Mark
Donszelmann (the original author of the NAR plugin for Maven who is
unfortunately unable to maintain it any longer), a lot of things happened.

First of all, the plugin found a new home on GitHub:

        http://maven-nar.github.io/nar-maven-plugin/

with a team of developers and a mailing list/forum at

        https://groups.google.com/group/maven-nar

a Git repository at

        https://github.com/maven-nar/nar-maven-plugin

a bug tracker at

        https://github.com/maven-nar/nar-maven-plugin/issues

and Frequently Asked Questions at

https://github.com/maven-nar/nar-maven-plugin/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Since the Git history does a fine job at listing the fine-grained
changes, here is a coarse-grained list of changes:

* unified Richard Kerr's, Greg Domjan's and SciJava's forks of
the maven-nar-plugin (as it was formerly known)
* renamed the plugin to conform with Maven's requirements
* moved to a new groupId to reflect that we're on GitHub now
* switch to deploy to OSS Sonatype (mirrored on Maven Central)
* continuous integration testing thanks to BuildHive
* merged the cpptasks-parallel code directly into nar-maven-plugin
* support for MacOSX 10.9
* support for Microsoft Visual C++ resource and message compilers
* support for Java 7's javah
* support developing the Java part of projects using the NAR plugin in
Eclipse
* robust version detection of Microsoft's linkers
* boat loads of bug fixes (as in: megatons of bug fixes)

This would not have been possible without the tremendous support
and contributions of the community. Thank you all!

Ciao,
Johannes Schindelin, Curtis Rueden and NAR development team

Re: NAR Maven Plugin 3.0.0 released

Posted by Richard Vowles <ri...@bluetrainsoftware.com>.
Agreed! Nar has reduced my C++ source code hell in the past, very glad to
see it updated!

---
Richard Vowles,
Groovy, Java, Javascript, AngularJS

ph: +64275467747, google+:plus.to/Richard.Vowles <http://rvowl.es/UX8Bmq>

Re: NAR Maven Plugin 3.0.0 released

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi

thank you for seeing this through. I am glad that the plugin I originally made for Maven 1,
and later for Maven 2 is in good hands. I am sure that if I ever need it again, I will come
back to it and possibly re-contribute to it.

For now, good luck with it.

Regards
Mark Donszelmann