Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Raman Preet Jaiswal <rj...@sapient.com> on 2003/02/28 12:39:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Question

I need to redirect users to a specific page when I get a request.

This redirection is based on the parameters I get in my request.

For example if I receive a request

www.abc.com?name=rama&age=27  then I want to redirect this to  www.abc.com/ <http://www.abc.com/rama27> rama27

How can this be written in the httpd.conf file as a RewriteRule?

Thanks

Raman.

Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Rule Question

Posted by Andrea <so...@polin.it>.
Hi,
put these rules inside the DirectoryBlock into your httpd.conf:

 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^name=([a-z]+)&age=([0-9]+)$ [NC]
 RewriteRule ^$ http://www.mytest.net/%1%2 [NC,R,L]

~Andrea

  www.abc.com?name=rama&age=27  then I want to redirect this to www.abc.com/rama27