Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com> on 2015/10/29 14:20:06 UTC

Building SNAPSHOT debian packages

Hi,

We are building Debian packages on unstable branches (4.5 branch to be
specific). The Debian source format 30. rejects the version 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT
with an error "Can't build with source format 3.0 native: native package
version may not have a revision."

Source format 1.0 allows this value, and also dpkg 1.17.5 only emits a
warning for this. We are pretty sure dpkg 1.17.6 is what upgrades this
warning to an error.

Have the official CloudStack builds been running into this problem when
building unstable debs?

Jeff

Re: Building SNAPSHOT debian packages

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 29-10-15 14:20, Jeff Hair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are building Debian packages on unstable branches (4.5 branch to be
> specific). The Debian source format 30. rejects the version 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT
> with an error "Can't build with source format 3.0 native: native package
> version may not have a revision."
>
> Source format 1.0 allows this value, and also dpkg 1.17.5 only emits a
> warning for this. We are pretty sure dpkg 1.17.6 is what upgrades this
> warning to an error.
>
> Have the official CloudStack builds been running into this problem when
> building unstable debs?

I did, but usually I worked around it a bit. I usually never build debs
for testing purposes, they are only build after a release.

Wido