Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Frey, David" <DF...@nationaljournal.com> on 2005/03/17 23:44:59 UTC

DOCTYPE declaration with an external entity

We are creating a NewsML/NITF doc out of our process.  The header of this
document needs to contain an entity statement.  The very top of this
document should look like this:

<!DOCTYPE NewsML SYSTEM "http://nationaljournal.com/dtd/NewsML_1.2.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % nitf SYSTEM "http://nationaljournal.com/dtd/nitf-2-5.dtd">
%nitf;
]>

Currently I have been pulling the <!DOCTYPE> in by using a <doctype-system>
child tag of serializer:

<!-- 03.09.05.df newsml serializer -->
    <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xml" mime-type="text/xml"
          name="newsml" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
        <cdata-section-elements>p ul</cdata-section-elements>
        <doctype-system>
           http://nationaljournal.com/dtd/NewsML_1.2.dtd
        </doctype-system>
        <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
    </map:serializer>
<!-- 03.09.05.df END newsml serializer -->

I've scoured the web looking for an answer, but have come up short.  Any
ideas on how to accomplish this?

Best,
David

Re: DOCTYPE declaration with an external entity

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi,

Not an advisable approach in Cocoon (SAX) context, and only working in the case you don't need that
doctype info inside Cocoon:

Use an XSL to add prolog info with <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">..

Not advisable because the text is not 'unescaped' until actually serialized.

Cheers,
Geert

Posted by "Frey, David" <DF...@nationaljournal.com>.

Posted by Conal Tuohy <co...@paradise.net.nz>.