Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Hochsteger <e9...@student.tuwien.ac.at> on 2003/07/08 07:26:48 UTC

Re: Help a newbie compiling

Hi Mike!

I didn't use cocoon in eclipse by myself, but there is some
documentation on the cocoon wiki but I fear that it doesn't cover your
deployment question:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LoadInEclipse
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=GETlenya (related to Lenya)

Perhaps it may be helpful to change the build output directory within
eclipse directly to .../webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes of your servlet
container. But this is just a wild guess which I've not tried yet.

You could also do a serach on the mailing list archive:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&w=2&r=1&s=eclipse&q=b

Bye,
	Andreas

RE: Help a newbie compiling

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
From: Andreas Hochsteger

> Hi Mike!
>
> I didn't use cocoon in eclipse by myself, but there is some
> documentation on the cocoon wiki but I fear that it doesn't
> cover your
> deployment question:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LoadInEclipse

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=GETlenya (related to Lenya)

> Perhaps it may be helpful to change the build output directory within
> eclipse directly to .../webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes of your servlet

> container. But this is just a wild guess which I've not tried yet.

Exactly. I make my builds this way. So you don't need any JARs. Be
careful because classes have a higher priority than JARs but if
you delete a class the classloader may find it in the JARs.

I'll try to improve this but haven't had enough time yet.

> You could also do a serach on the mailing list archive:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&w=2&r=1&s=eclipse&q=b

> Bye,
> 	Andreas

> Miguel Griffa wrote:
>
> > I have a latest CVS version of cocoon in eclipse, I'd like to know:
> >
> > - if I can really compile all cocoon from eclipse (not calling an
ant
> > task)

yes

> > - how can I deploy the compiled by eclipse binaries (I mean, how can
> > pack to use what I build with eclipse, once I get to)

see above (you don't need JAR for development) - to create a production
version of my projects I always use ant to create the necessary JARs and
WARs.

> > I'm sorry I'm kindda confused, any pointer to docs on this would be
> > appreciated:

see above (Andreas gives some good pointers)

Cheers,
Reinhard