Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/11/12 20:19:38 UTC

Request: Let go to where already is (for Struts 1.0)

Hi all,

The HTML4 spec. states, that reset buttons are not transmitted to
the server, so the webapp will never receive any input from the
reset tag.

Looking at the other direction (Webapp to client) I can't find anything
that would explain the need for that tag. The tag only prints all its
attributes to the output stream. It even doesn't support property= (if
that would make sense is another question).

So, I would kindly like to request dropping both <form:reset> and
<struts:reset> tag.

--
Matthias                          mailto:make@BESToffers.de