Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paulwintech <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/06 14:48:34 UTC

Customized Maven congfiguration

Hi All,

    I am a new user to maven. And i have the following queries.

In my concern we use CVS as repository & ant for build. Whenever a new build
is created we have a procedure like first updating CVS and then creating
build using ant and then taking the new build and copying it in a new folder
etc.,

  now using maven i need automate the below tasks, by calling maven

1. CVS update

2. Build using ant

3. Copy the newly created build to some folder

4. Upload and deploy in remote server

5. Test cases to check whether site is working fine

6. Sending a mail to a group stating the deployment status

    please help on this...

Thanks
Paulwintech

Re: Customized Maven congfiguration

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> In my concern we use CVS as repository & ant for build. Whenever a new build
> is created we have a procedure like first updating CVS and then creating
> build using ant and then taking the new build and copying it in a new folder

So you want to use Ant to do the building, and Maven for the rest??
Why not just stick with Ant for everything? What value does Maven
bring to your build process other than additional complexity?

Wayne

Re: Customized Maven congfiguration

Posted by Eric Jutrzenka <er...@fmail.co.uk>.
You could move to something like this:

1. Have Hudson execute build when cvs is updated

2. Replace your ant build with maven.

3.  If all tests pass, have Hudson invoke 'mvn deploy' to deploy your build artefacts to a central nexus repository.

4.  Setup a Hudson job to invoke maven builds which deploy artefacts from nexus to remote nodes. (these builds could be executed on the nodes themselves).

5. Execute maven integration test builds against the remote nodes.

6. Configure Hudson to send out emails announcing build results.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Shan Syed <sh...@gmail.com>.