Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Tim Dawson <td...@wamnet.com> on 2001/11/08 10:37:38 UTC

log4j-core.jar question

Can someone help me understand when I would use log4j-core.jar as opposed to
the full log4j.jar?

I didn't see anything in the docs that describes log4j-core at all. I'd like
to use t.he smaller jar, but I'm not clear on what I'm missing.  I did a
diff on the output of "jar -tf" and it didn't look like anything I needed,
but I'd like to know what the logical delineation is between what's
considered core and what's not.

Thanks,

Tim

RE: log4j-core.jar question

Posted by Thomas Tuft Muller <tt...@online.no>.
When you don't use any of the classes that exists in the log4j.jar, but not
in the log4j-core.jar.

--

Thomas

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>