Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/05 10:47:00 UTC

does not reference an Object of type SelectItem

I am trying to create a value binding for a <f:selectItems/> tag.  The object reference is
definitely a collection of SelectItem objects (I've even tried it with an array).

However, I am getting an error that tells me the object reference does not contain SelectItem
objects.  The error message state, "but of type : Ljavax.faces.model.SelectItem;".

What does the "Ljavax" reference mean?

Very frustrating.  Please help.

Mike

javax.servlet.ServletException:
Value binding '#{issueCreate.testItems}'of UISelectItems with component-path
{Component-Path : [Class: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /view/tracker/issueCreate.jsp]
[Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: issueCreateForm][Class:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.div.Div,Id: _id74]
[Class: org.apache.myfaces.custom.div.Div,Id: _id84][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlSelectOneMenu,Id: test1][Class:
javax.faces.component.UISelectItems,Id: _id85]}
does not reference an Object of type SelectItem, SelectItem[], Collection or Map but of type : [Ljavax.faces.model.SelectItem;

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Re: does not reference an Object of type SelectItem

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 12/5/05, Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> wrote:

> jsf-api.jar is *not* part of the j2ee.jar (at least not yet).
> Actually, it's unlikely to ever be bundled, as (at least in the myfaces
> libs) there is significant library-specific logic in the "api" classes.
> All the "api" indicates is that the APIs for those classes are tightly
> defined; this is not an "spi" (service provider interface).

FYI, JSF 1.2 will be a required part of the Java EE 5 platform.  Compliant
app servers must provide not only the API classes, but also the
corresponding implementation, just as they are required to provide both API
and implementation for other APIs like servlet and JSP.

Regards,

> Simon

Craig

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.
Hi Mike,

If you're using JBoss 4.0.3 with tomcat, you'll find the sun
implementation is bundled under:
   server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar

These jars need to be removed if you're using MyFaces.

Posted by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: does not reference an Object of type SelectItem

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@ibl-software.nl>.