Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/26 19:04:23 UTC

c3 anf i18n

Hi all,

I could not find anything related to i18n/locale in c3.

Did I not look hard enough or did we not have implemented in that
direction yet?

If so should we look into porting the old i18n transformer?

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: c3 anf i18n

Posted by Steven Dolg <st...@indoqa.com>.
Am 28.04.2011 16:12, schrieb Peter Hunsberger:
>> However I guess c3 only for is easiest for
>> everyone more familiar with c3. If we have a rewrite I can create the
>> c2.2 wrapper quite easy so I say do the c3 and when finish I do the
>> rest. ;)
>>
>> Basically:
>>
>> AbstractI18n = spring based transformer no deps to either c3/2.2
>>
>> - c3I18n extends AbstractI18n implements c3CorrespondingInterfaces
>> - c2I18n extends AbstractI18n implements c2CorrespondingInterfaces
>>
> Sounds like a plan to me...

Sounds like Thorsten and Peter already have an understanding on what and
how to do.
So nothing to do for me...

Re: c3 anf i18n

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.

Re: c3 anf i18n

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 07:56 -0500, Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> > Actually it should not that be hard to port the i18n. IMO that is a MUST
> > HAVE featured and was very surprised to not find anything.
> >

> I'd agree, if we are going to use C3 in the future we will also need
> this feature.  I like your option of having a single Spring based
> transformer that works for both C2.2 and C3 but don't know if it is
> any simpler to do?  I'd go with whatever is easiest to do at this
> point...

Basically both alternatives are based on the refactoring to spring.
Meaning remove avalon/excalibur deps the only different is to create a
wrapper class afterwards (to be compatible with 2.2 caching -> adding
some of thos deps again). However I guess c3 only for is easiest for

Re: c3 anf i18n

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.

Re: c3 anf i18n

Posted by Steven Dolg <st...@indoqa.com>.
Am 27.04.2011 11:59, schrieb Thorsten Scherler:
> On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 09:45 +0200, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:

>>> You're right, there seems to be nothing in C3 sources related to i18n.

>>> That sounds interesting: how much complex do you see this task? Can
>>> you take care of it? ;-)
>> I have created the issue COCOON3-64 [1] for this: who would like to
>> catch it?
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-64
> Actually it should not that be hard to port the i18n. IMO that is a MUST
> HAVE featured and was very surprised to not find anything.
>
> I will add a comment to the issue to describe the port, but personally
> will not find time in the next couple of weeks since I will be on the
> road and the i18n support will be an issue for our project if they
> contract the pilot. Our prototype does not have to support i18n for now.
>
> thx for your feedback
>
> salu2

I will definitely have a look at your comment and do the task, if I
understand it (no experience with the previous i18n transformer).
I'll post again in any case...

Thanks,
Steven

Re: c3 anf i18n