Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2011/10/19 17:34:34 UTC

Priority tasks in the 0.4 roadmap

Hi,

Let's start the 0.4 release discussion. I think we have to fix some issues asap.

Here's the high priority tasks I think:

1) Support Hadoop secure version
2) Support cdh version
3) Support Input Output Formatter
4) Web UI and metrics
5) Support YARN job
6) ...

If we can't do all, let's focus on developing 1) 2) features. What do you think?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Priority tasks in the 0.4 roadmap

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Yes you are right with the web UI. The log tailler would be a great
advantage.

Actually, I'd like to release pretty ready-to-use version of Hama
> before Whirr integration at my company so that I can advertise
> aggressively.

Sure, this should be always or main-target.
And I think we can wait a bit with YARN.
In case it gets released soon, we can always push out a release of our YARN
module, since it is quite independend.
And it also seems to work quite well with Zookeeper if you take a look at
HAMA-454 now.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <th...@gmail.com>