Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by the_palakkaran <ji...@suntecsbs.com> on 2018/06/07 12:04:50 UTC

Ignite clustering doubts

Hi,

The below is my scenario:

I have a CustomerCache. I have externalizable keys and models. Customers ids
range from 1 to 40000. I have 4 nodes.

I have few doubts on clustering in ignite:

1. How can I restrict 10000 records on each node?

2. How does ignite distribute records between each node? On what basis? Is
there any relevance of AffinityFunction here? Is there a demo of how to use
that ?

3. How would fail over and re-balancing work when a node fails?

4. Do I need to configure number of backups? Is the number of backups
dependent on number of nodes?

5. Will I have any problem to access data from any of these nodes or a
client node since I have used externalization?

6. Is there any possible way to query data on a single node?

7. Leader election is based on age, as per documentation. Can I control this
election?

8. Zero deployment means I do not need to have models deployed on every
class right? Is this the same case for externalized models?

Re: Ignite clustering doubts

Posted by Mikael <mi...@telia.com>.
The documentation does explain it pretty well:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation

Posted by the_palakkaran <ji...@suntecsbs.com>.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Affinity function determines mapping of keys to partition ids and of
partition ids to nodes. Usually you only override the first part since
changing the second one is a research problem.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

This might be helpful: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-grid

1. It will be done automatically, every node will have around 10000 records.

2. They will be distributed according to Rendezvous hashing of partition
ids.

3. If you have sufficient backups, data will be re-balanced to ensure that
# of backups. If you don't have sufficient backups you will lose data.

4. Yes, you do. It depends on your setup and reliability considerations.

5. As far as I remember you had some pretty non-trivial considerations, so
your mileage may vary. Try it and see.

6. Yes, e.g. by using localPeek().

7. Why would you want to?

8. I'm afraid you might need to have models deployed universally to use
externalized classes.

Ilya Kasnacheev