Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/15 10:59:30 UTC

Invalid validation when writing blob IDs

Hi all,

While debugging OAK-1842, I figured out that SegmentWriter is too
permissive when checking the length of binary IDs. For some values of
the length, invalid data is written into the segment. When reading
this data, an IllegalStateException is thrown.

I describe the problem in more detail and propose a patch in OAK-3105.
Can somebody review it?

Re: Invalid validation when writing blob IDs

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.
I proposed a patch to OAK-3107 implementing the solution outlined in
the description of the issue. I run unit and integration tests, and it
looks like this doesn't break anything. Can somebody review if the
solution is going in the right direction?

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.