Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@aql.fr> on 2007/06/19 14:04:41 UTC

where is jakarta-bcel ?

Hi,

I created a block project with the cocoon archetype block.

When i go in the project directory and call mvn package,
i got a dependency failure :
  Path to dependency:
        1) com.mycompany:myBlock1:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2.0-M3
        3) jakarta-bcel:jakarta-bcel:jar:20040329

i have digged the repositories
- central (repo1.maven.org/maven2)
- apache.snapshot (people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
and also old central (repo1.maven.org/maven)
but did not find the dependency.

So the subject question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Raphaël

Re: where is jakarta-bcel ?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 19.06.2007, at 21:56, Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> t versions of archetypes then)
>> 3. Wait for RC1 release. I hope that Reinhard will be able to
>> release it soon as our only lacking dependency has been voted to
>> be released:
>> http://marc.info/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=118211835618010&w=2

Finally it has :) ...it's on the mirrors already. See my announcement
on the jakarta lists or cocoon dev.

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: where is jakarta-bcel ?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Raphaël Piéroni pisze:
> Hi,

Hi Raphaël,

> I created a block project with the cocoon archetype block.
>
> When i go in the project directory and call mvn package,
> i got a dependency failure :
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) com.mycompany:myBlock1:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>        2) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2.0-M3
>        3) jakarta-bcel:jakarta-bcel:jar:20040329
>
> i have digged the repositories
> - central (repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> - apache.snapshot (people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
> and also old central (repo1.maven.org/maven)
> but did not find the dependency.
>
> So the subject question.

This dependency is redundant and has been already removed from the trunk. It got into release by our mistake, sorry for that. We have taken
our lesson already, see: http://reflectingonthevicissitudes.wordpress.com/2007/06/06/cocoon-22-rc1-release-delayed/

You have few options:
1. Exclude this dependency in myBlock1's pom.xml by using exclusions: http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#exclusions
2. Use snapshot version by checking out http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/ and build it using just:
mvn install (don't forget to use snapshot versions of archetypes then)
3. Wait for RC1 release. I hope that Reinhard will be able to release it soon as our only lacking dependency has been voted to be released:
http://marc.info/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=118211835618010&w=2

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: where is jakarta-bcel ?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
The old version of javaflow used to have this dependency because
patches weren't applied and a release of BCEL was missing. It was no
official release and I think we had it in subversion. Pretty sure
this dependency can safely be replace by BCEL 5.2.

cheers
--
Torsten