Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2006/09/30 23:31:46 UTC

Plugin classpath issue

Hi,

I'm working on a plugin that I'd like to have invoked from the CLI, much
like the jetty plugin.  I'm having difficulty in getting the classpath
to work out the way I'd like though.  I have a dependency listed and can
use classes from that dependency, but transitive dependencies don't seem
to be working.  So, while I can use classes in my own dependency list,
they can't use anything from their subsequent dependencies.  I've tried
using @requiresDependencyResolution, but that didn't help.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Plugin classpath issue

Posted by Kristian Nordal <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/30/06, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a plugin that I'd like to have invoked from the CLI, much
> like the jetty plugin.  I'm having difficulty in getting the classpath
> to work out the way I'd like though.  I have a dependency listed and can
> use classes from that dependency, but transitive dependencies don't seem
> to be working.  So, while I can use classes in my own dependency list,
> they can't use anything from their subsequent dependencies.  I've tried
> using @requiresDependencyResolution, but that didn't help.

Try using  "@requiresDependencyResolution runtime". Then ${project.artifacts}
should give you all the dependencies I believe.

--
Cheers,
Kristian