Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/14 19:50:03 UTC

[CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release parent 5 based on RC1

On 12 September 2011 17:12, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the Maven artifacts as HttpComponents parent pom 5.
>
> The previous release of the pom was 4.1.1; with this release we are
> moving to an independent release cycle for the parent pom. This
> decoupling will make it easier to provide fixes in future.
>
> The main changes since 4.1.1 are:
> - updated to current version of all plugins and dependencies
> - fixed duplicate reference to resources plugin
> - added buildnumber plugin; add tag name and last changed revision to
> jar manifests
> - added snapshot repo definition
> - only generate mailing-lists page for parent; add detailed header to the page
> - added Announce list to mailing list page
> - added Markmail archive references
> - site plugin now works with Maven 3
> - added version properties for all report plugins (needed for Maven3)
>
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
> Anyone may vote, but only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding.
> The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast and there
> are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-050/
>
> SVN tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/project/tags/5-RC1/

>  Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release
>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1.
>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Oops - just realised that the vote mail was wrong - we've all voted
(again) on releasing HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release !!

Sorry about that - reused an existing mail and forgot to change that bit.

This may cause confusion in future and is not a valid vote.

So I'm cancelling this vote thread and restarting.

Apologies.

Re: [CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release parent 5 based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14 September 2011 19:04, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:50 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12 September 2011 17:12, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Please vote on releasing the Maven artifacts as HttpComponents parent pom 5.
>>>
>>> The previous release of the pom was 4.1.1; with this release we are
>>> moving to an independent release cycle for the parent pom. This
>>> decoupling will make it easier to provide fixes in future.
>>>
>>> The main changes since 4.1.1 are:
>>> - updated to current version of all plugins and dependencies
>>> - fixed duplicate reference to resources plugin
>>> - added buildnumber plugin; add tag name and last changed revision to
>>> jar manifests
>>> - added snapshot repo definition
>>> - only generate mailing-lists page for parent; add detailed header to the page
>>> - added Announce list to mailing list page
>>> - added Markmail archive references
>>> - site plugin now works with Maven 3
>>> - added version properties for all report plugins (needed for Maven3)
>>>
>>> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>>> Anyone may vote, but only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding.
>>> The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast and there
>>> are more +1 than -1 votes.
>>>
>>> Maven artefacts:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-050/
>>>
>>> SVN tag:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/project/tags/5-RC1/

>>>  Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release
>>>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1.
>>>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>>
>> Oops - just realised that the vote mail was wrong - we've all voted
>> (again) on releasing HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release !!
>>
>> Sorry about that - reused an existing mail and forgot to change that bit.
>>
>> This may cause confusion in future and is not a valid vote.
>>
>> So I'm cancelling this vote thread and restarting.
>>
>> Apologies.
>>

> The subject line, first sentence, and the artifact URLs are all
> correct though aren't they, whach are mainly what i'd noticed? So if
> thats true i'd be totally fine with just continuing with a passed
> vote.

True, but without a valid vote the RM is personally responsible for
the release contents, and it's remotely possible the vote might later
be challenged.

As RM here I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Re: [CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Release parent 5 based on RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:50 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 September 2011 17:12, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the Maven artifacts as HttpComponents parent pom 5.
>>
>> The previous release of the pom was 4.1.1; with this release we are
>> moving to an independent release cycle for the parent pom. This
>> decoupling will make it easier to provide fixes in future.
>>
>> The main changes since 4.1.1 are:
>> - updated to current version of all plugins and dependencies
>> - fixed duplicate reference to resources plugin
>> - added buildnumber plugin; add tag name and last changed revision to
>> jar manifests
>> - added snapshot repo definition
>> - only generate mailing-lists page for parent; add detailed header to the page
>> - added Announce list to mailing list page
>> - added Markmail archive references
>> - site plugin now works with Maven 3
>> - added version properties for all report plugins (needed for Maven3)
>>
>> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.
>> Anyone may vote, but only votes from HttpComponents PMC members are binding.
>> The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast and there
>> are more +1 than -1 votes.
>>
>> Maven artefacts:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-050/
>>
>> SVN tag:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/project/tags/5-RC1/

>>  Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release
>>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1.
>>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> Oops - just realised that the vote mail was wrong - we've all voted
> (again) on releasing HttpComponents Core 4.2-alpha1 release !!
>
> Sorry about that - reused an existing mail and forgot to change that bit.
>
> This may cause confusion in future and is not a valid vote.
>
> So I'm cancelling this vote thread and restarting.
>
> Apologies.

The subject line, first sentence, and the artifact URLs are all
correct though aren't they, whach are mainly what i'd noticed? So if
thats true i'd be totally fine with just continuing with a passed
vote.

   ...ant