Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 14:07:08 UTC

Running MRV1 code on YARN

Hi,

I have installed Hadoop 2.2.0 along with YARN and am trying to submit a
MRV1 job already written to YARN.

The job does not even submit and it prints the following stack trace on
console:

2014-04-08 16:56:11 UserGroupInformation [ERROR] PriviledgedActionException
as:eureka (auth:SIMPLE)
cause:org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: chmod: cannot access
`/user/eureka54695942/.staging/job_local54695942_0001': No such file or
directory

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
chmod: cannot access
`/user/eureka54695942/.staging/job_local54695942_0001': No such file or
directory

        at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:261)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:188)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:381)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.execCommand(Shell.java:467)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.execCommand(Shell.java:450)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.execCommand(RawLocalFileSystem.java:593)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.setPermission(RawLocalFileSystem.java:584)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.setPermission(FilterFileSystem.java:427)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.mkdirs(FileSystem.java:579)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.copyAndConfigureFiles(JobClient.java:786)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.copyAndConfigureFiles(JobClient.java:746)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.access$400(JobClient.java:177)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:963)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:948)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1408)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:948)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:566)

My question here is if you notice the staging location which it is trying
to clean I do not have any such user in the /user directory in hdfs. It
somehow appends the jobId to the username and creates staging area there.
Any reason for this? Please let me know what am I doing wrong. How can I
make sure it goes to the user that I have created i.e. eureka and not
eureka$JOBID.

I am using CDH4.

Thanks
Divye Sheth

Re: Running MRV1 code on YARN

Posted by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Got it working finally, pretty basic issue which I overlooked and
Deveraj pointed out. Was trying to submit a job to Yarn using MRV1 libs.
Once the libs were updated got a "Cluster not Initialized" exception which
was misleading since I was missing some jar files.

Used the link below to resolve the issue:
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!topic/cdh-user/vwL9Zvmue18

Thanks
Divye Sheth

Re: Running MRV1 code on YARN

Posted by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running MRV1 code on YARN

Posted by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com>.

Re: Running MRV1 code on YARN

Posted by divye sheth <di...@gmail.com>.

RE: Running MRV1 code on YARN

I went through multiple links all asking me to check if the mapreduce.framework.name<http://mapreduce.framework.name> is set to yarn, it is along with proper pointing to the Namenode i.e. fs.defaultFS.

I saw that pretty much after sending the email. I verified the properties file and it has all the correct properties even the mapred.framework.name<http://mapred.framework.name> is set to yarn. I am unable to figure out what is the cause and why it is connecting to local FS.

[...]

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: chmod: cannot access `/user/eureka54695942/.staging/job_local54695942_0001': No such file or directory

RE: Running MRV1 code on YARN

RE: Running MRV1 code on YARN

RE: Running MRV1 code on YARN

Re: Running MRV1 code on YARN