Posted to users@sling.apache.org by th...@eknet.org on 2014/02/26 14:00:35 UTC

Re: How to build a release version of ApacheSling?

Hi Robert and Bertrand,

thanks for your help. Now I finally managed to get it working. The
reason why it failed was a typo in my Maven profile name (I do not want
the apache-incubation project to be active by default) and a surefire
plugin dependency from central seem to be used as the artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:jar:9c6abc2 for the
integration test project under

get/test-classes/projects/normal/project/test-servlet-archetype-project.
After I deleted the surefire plugin (under
org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/9c6abc2 within my local
repo) I could successfully build the project (after additionally passing
the args -Dhttp.proxyHost as well as -Dhttp.proxyPort because at least
one unit test tries to download artifacts from a springsource repository
and i'm within a proxied environment).

So that means the process to create a new Sling release is to manually
adjust the list.xml file, the version number of the launchpad project,
triggering the maven-release-plugin and readjusting the version number
to the next development version? Is the current released version
Sling-6? And if so, is there a release plan for the next release
Sling-7?

Thanks,
Stefan

Posted by Stefan Scheidewig <th...@eknet.org>.
... and I have to apologize for my last mail. My mail client seems to be
broken :/

Greetings,
Stefan