Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2003/04/03 20:36:03 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 5547 - trunk/tools/client-side

kfogel@tigris.org wrote:

>+;;; Won't searching for strings in svn output cause trouble if the
>+;;; locale language is not English?

Yes, and that's what the --locale option was for, until it was
unceremoniously destroyed by gstein.

I'd also note that vc-dired-mode doesn't work very well with vc-svn. But
that's not a problem because vc-dired-mode doesn't with very well in any
case...

Re: svn commit: rev 5547 - trunk/tools/client-side

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:36:03PM +0200, Branko ??ibej wrote:
> kfogel@tigris.org wrote:
>
> >+;;; Won't searching for strings in svn output cause trouble if the
> >+;;; locale language is not English?
> >

> Yes, and that's what the --locale option was for, until it was
> unceremoniously destroyed by gstein.

Hunh? That sounds rather unfair :-(

I may have argued against it, but I certainly didn't "unceremoniously
destroy" it. You make it sound like I took some unilateral action and yanked
it from the code without any input from others.

As a matter of fact, Ben removed it in rev 2943.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/