Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> on 2008/01/03 13:25:39 UTC

Re: Release Oversight

I agree with Leo, a combination of e-mail and archived documentation would
really be great and a time saver. Thanks for taking care of this!

Matthieu

Re: Release Oversight

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 12:25 PM, Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> wrote:
> I agree with Leo, a combination of e-mail and archived documentation would
> really be great and a time saver. Thanks for taking care of this!

i've made a start on this. i've committed two prototype scripts ([1]
and [2]). [1] connects to people.apache.org and runs [2]. [2] scans
and sums directories then returns results as xml.

my current plan is to process the output by:

1. parsing into xml document(s)
2. saving documents into dated files
3. creating detached signatures for documents
4. add all to subversion

this will create a record of the contents of the directories (at the
time the scripts were run) together with their sums. the signature
will allow these documents to be verified independently of subversion.

phase 2 will be to create a script that loads two xml documents,
creates diffs then outputs an xml document detailing the differences.

phase 3 will be to create xsl scripts that convert the xml diff into
txt (for mailing) and xml suitable as input for anakia

phase 4 will be to glue everything together with ant tasks

but this isn't set in stone so please jump in with suggestions,
improvement, fatal flaws (other than my lack of python-foo ;-) and so
on

and if anyone wants to have a crack at any of the other bits, please jump in

- robert

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/connect.py
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/scanner.py