Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/02 16:12:39 UTC

Maven dependencies for fop 1.1

fop 1.0 (
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/1.0/fop-1.0.pom)
has a dependency on org.apache.avalon.framework
- avalon-framework-api - 4.3.1 - works fine

fop 1.1 (
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/1.1/fop-1.1.pom)
has a
dependency on org.apache.avalon.framework - avalon-framework-api - 4.2.0 -
broken

But the repo only shows version 4.3.1 -
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/avalon/framework/avalon-framework-api/

Why was avalon rolled back to version 4.2.0 ? If version 4.2.0 is really
required then the artifact should be changed to avalon-framework-api -
avalon-framework-api
- 4.2.0 (
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/avalon-framework/avalon-framework-api/4.2.0/)

Re: Maven dependencies for fop 1.1

Posted by Gonzalo Vasquez <gv...@altiuz.cl>.
Hahaha...nice one ;)
Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez
Gerente Investigación y Desarrollo (R&D)
Altiuz Soluciones Tecnológicas de Negocios Ltda.
Av. Nueva Tajamar 555 Of. 802, Las Condes - CP 7550099
+56 2 335 2461
gvasquez@altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuzreports.com

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gonzalo Vasquez <gv...@altiuz.cl>.
Thanks Glenn,

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion Stephen. I have changed the POM template so
that the avalon dependency will be fixed in the next release.

Committed in revision 1416937

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Stephen More <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
I rolled it back to 4.2.0 because that is the version of
avalon-framework-api that is included in the lib directory of fop's binary
distribution (for both fop 1.0 and fop 1.1). I think the correct fix is
either to add the 4.2.0 artifact to maven repo or to update the binary copy
of that artifact to 4.3.1 that is included in fop/lib binary distribution
[and also update the xmlgraphics-fop-pom-template.pom].

Since the first of the above options is easier to implement, perhaps