Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rex Cooper <re...@zen.co.za> on 2000/05/12 08:33:20 UTC

Cocoon Jrun install guide

Hi There.

I wrote this little thing about how to make Cocoon work under JRun 2.3.3

Please let me know what you think.

Install Jrun
------------
Make a note of the directory that you installed it to. This directory is
referred to as $JRUN in this document. Please don't put $JRUN into the
config files, this won't work. Substitute $JRUN for C:/Jrun or whereever
your jrun installs.

Confirm that Jrun is operating properly by checking
http://localhost/servlet/SnoopServlet
If this doesn't work, go to http://www.jrun.com

Install Cocoon libraries
------------------------
Make a $JRUN/cocoon directory
Put the following files in it
cocoon.jar
xerces.jar
xalan.jar
fop.jar

Tell Jrun where everything is
-----------------------------
Edit $JRUN/jsm-default/services/jse/properties/servlets.properties

add
servlet.Cocoon.code=org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
servlet.Cocoon.args=properties=$JRUN/cocoon/cocoon.properties
servlet.Cocoon.preload=true

Edit $JRUN/jsm-default/properties/jsm.properties

add to the classpath
$JRUN/cocoon/cocoon.jar;
$JRUN/cocoon/fop.jar;
$JRUN/cocoon/xerces.jar;
$JRUN/cocoon/xalan.jar;

remove from the class path any reference to xml4j. This has an old
version of org.w3c.dom which shouldn't be around. (Don't ask how we
figured this out :)

Edit $JRUN /jsm-default/services/jse/properties/rules.properties

add (This IS case sensitive)
*.xml=Cocoon

Virtual Websites
----------------
If running virtual servers in IIS:
you need to make a virtual directory under the virtual website.
This directory should be called SCRIPTS which is a link to inetpub\SCRIPTS
(which is where Jrun puts a lot of stuff)
Make sure it has execute (including script) permissions

Kick the beast
--------------

Restart the whole webserver as well as Jrun. This should be done by going to
the DOS prompt and typing net stop iisadmin /y and then
net start w3svc

Restart the Jrun through their little gear widget in the systray.

This doesn't restart the FTP or the SMTP service, so remember to restart
them
if you need them when you have finished hacking.

Try
http://localhost/servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon and see if you have any
luck.
Cocoon should complain that it cannot find the properties file.

Doesn't work ??
---------------
Check the logs to track down what is wrong
$JRUN/jsm-default/logs and
$JRUN/jsm-default/services/jse/logs

------
Rex Cooper
Zen Computing (Pty) Ltd
http://www.zen.co.za

Easy things should be easy and hard things should be possible
- Larry Wall

Re: Cocoon Jrun install guide

Posted by Chris Heinemann <he...@horacemann.com>.
For anyone who wants to know, here is the URL :

http://www2.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=12981&Method=Full

I still haven't gotten it to work with 3.0rc1.  I get the servlet engine
to call Cocoon but it can't find it's properties file.  Jrun 3.0 will be a
2.2 servlet engine.... any ideas...

Thanks,
Chris Heinemann
Internet Administrator
Horacemann Ins.

Posted by Brian <gi...@dipswitch.penguinpowered.com>.
Hello Rex!

	If you go to Allaire's site they have an install guide also. I
can't recall the URL at this time but, I know it's under JRun.

					Brian

(P.S I am a former member of the JRun java team).....

Brian Gilman
Scientific Programmer
WhiteHead Institute
MIT