Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Markus Michel <ma...@uni-duesseldorf.de> on 2009/09/15 16:53:21 UTC

Re: Using Felix EventAdmin Service?!?

Hi!

After upgrading to the new framework version 2.0.0 the same error occurred
again, although the event service is still listed in the boot delegation
property. Is there another way to solve my problem? Otherwise I probably
have to continue using the old framework version ...

BTW: What happened to the shell command services? Why it isn't included in
the new version?

BR,

Markus

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Markus Michel
<ma...@uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Some minutes ago after reading the whole thread, I found the solution to my
> problem. As Richard already mentioned I have to set the following property:
>
> configMap.put("org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent", "app");
>
> I think that your property does internally the same, or?

Yes, thats what they translate into. Good to know that it works for you now.

regards,

Karl

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Using Felix EventAdmin Service?!?

Posted by Markus Michel <ma...@uni-duesseldorf.de>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
<ma...@uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After upgrading to the new framework version 2.0.0 the same error occurred
> again, although the event service is still listed in the boot delegation
> property. Is there another way to solve my problem? Otherwise I probably
> have to continue using the old framework version ...

They way you set the bootdelegation has changed a little with the new
framework version. You have to set:

Constants.FRAMEWORK_BUNDLE_PARENT to Constants.FRAMEWORK_BUNDLE_PARENT_FRAMEWORK

That should make it work again.

regards,

Karl

> BTW: What happened to the shell command services? Why it isn't included in
> the new version?
>
> BR,
>
> Markus
>
> 2009/7/15 Markus Michel <ma...@uni-duesseldorf.de>
>
>> I would like to thank you for your help. After adding my services and the
>> event admin service to the boot delegation property, my environment was
>> working fine. :-)
>>

>> BR,
>>
>> Markus
>>
>> 2009/7/14 Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>
>>
>>> I believe the issue is that you are exporting from the system bundle, plus
>>> your bundle contains the same packages as you are exporting from the system
>>> bundle.
>>>
>>> So, you have to make sure only one copy is being used. I think your bundle
>>> was only exporting osgiServices.vehiclePushService. This means your bundle
>>> will always get its own copy, since it doesn't import the package too. If
>>> you import it too, then it would likely get wired to the system bundle's
>>> export, since resolved packages are preferred and the system bundle will be
>>> resolved first.
>>>
>>> As I mention in my other message, one way around this is in your embedded
>>> mode, add the shared packages to the boot delegation property to get them to
>>> always load from the class path. Note, if you are using trunk you will need
>>> to set a new property to boot delegate to the app class loader
>>> (org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent=app).
>>>
>>> -> richard

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Using Felix EventAdmin Service?!?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 9/15/09 16:53, Markus Michel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After upgrading to the new framework version 2.0.0 the same error occurred
> again, although the event service is still listed in the boot delegation
> property. Is there another way to solve my problem? Otherwise I probably
> have to continue using the old framework version ...
>
> BTW: What happened to the shell command services? Why it isn't included in
> the new version?

It was refactored into the "inspect" command, which allows you to
inspect the various capabilities and requirements, instead of having
different commands for each ones. So, now you can do:

     inspect service capability <bundle-id> ...

or for short:

     inspect s c <bundle-id> ...

Likewise you can do:

     inspect service requirement <bundle-id> ... (or inspect s r)

-> richard