Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff McGrath <jm...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/16 15:52:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Module Execution

Good morning ... I'm trying to levarage two different authentication modules
in our Apache 2.2 (Solaris 10/64 bit) as part of a POC. I need to
ensure one fires first as I need to set a header for the second filter
to consume. Unfortunately, the second (Access Manager) keeps
executing first ...

Anyone have some straight forward solution/steps to have implement the module execution order as desired?

Sincere thanks ...

RE: [users@httpd] Module Execution

Posted by Jeff McGrath <jm...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Nick .. yes, a bit a of a hack.

There is a web filter (TruePass) that decrypts a secure cookie and set some headers. I can customize ones of these headers with an UID that looks like it's coming from an Oracle Access Manager 10g implementation (OAM_REMOTE_USER). I need the Oracle filter to them consume this header to SSO that user into the Access Management system.

The Oracle filter is coded to execute earlier in the authentication sequence so I can never get that header set. The other problem (reverse proxy etc) is that only the TP filter can decode the cookie and set the appropriate headers. If you attempt to set them 'downstream', they can't be set to read them ...

How would I implement mod_rewrite in this type of scenario?

Note, the longer term solution is to swap out the TP authentication with something native (X509 auth) ... however, this is an attempt at an 'interim' solution until another can be fully implemented and users migrated over.

Sincere thanks.

Jeff

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.