Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Philippe Lavoie <ph...@cactus.ca> on 2000/07/13 18:22:53 UTC

BUG: the element and also CDATA doesn't work

Damn, the <map> element doesn't work with cocoon1.7.4

The following

<map>
</map>

Gets transformed by Cocoon to

<map>

It looses the end tag!  Netscape really doesn't like that.

I tried to add the following in my .xsl

		<xsl:text
disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[</map>]]></xsl:text>
		<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;</xsl:text>

and the output is...

<?xslt-next-is-raw formatter-to-dom?>&lt;/map&gt;<?xslt-next-is-raw
formatter-to-dom?>&lt;

I'm no expert but I think this is wrong...

Anyway, help is appreciated.

Phil

PS I tried getting the latest version of xalan, cocoon can't open a file
with that version... oh well. I'm trying to stick with official release
versions of Cocoon has I need it for a production environment.

Re: BUG: the element and also CDATA doesn't work

Posted by "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <mo...@ieee.org>.
Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> Damn, the <map> element doesn't work with cocoon1.7.4
>
> The following
>
> <map>
> </map>

   This tags is compacted by the formatter.   Put inside another tags to
say to formatter don't use compact syntax. Ej:
   <map>
         <nothing/>
   </map>

   The tag <nothing> is ignored by the browser.

   Regards, Marcelo.