Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/05/17 23:01:49 UTC

groove eclipse plugin

is it any advantage in writing scripts for ofbiz?

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Re: groove eclipse plugin

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
On 5/17/2010 2:49 PM, James McGill wrote:
> The FTL plugin for Eclipse tended to crash on me, with the slightest error
> in the document.

You need to keep the FreeMarker jar updated in your Eclipse plugin
folder. Just copy the latest jar over the old one.

-Adrian

Re: groove eclipse plugin

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
On May 17, 2010, at 3:49 PM, James McGill wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> I use it but I did not find much, maybe some syntax coloration, not even
>> sure
>>
>> Jacques
>>

> I've tried to use it, but it really doesn't do the things I want an IDE to
> do, such as completing class member names.
>
> I get more utility out of Vim, for Froovy and for freemarker templates.
>
> The FTL plugin for Eclipse tended to crash on me, with the slightest error
> in the document.

I've been trying the community (free) edition of IntelliJ IDEA for Groovy, XML, and other types of files used in OFBiz and it does a pretty good job. It's not open source, but it is at least free.

-David

Re: groove eclipse plugin

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> I use it but I did not find much, maybe some syntax coloration, not even
> sure
>
> Jacques

I've tried to use it, but it really doesn't do the things I want an IDE to
do, such as completing class member names.

I get more utility out of Vim, for Froovy and for freemarker templates.

The FTL plugin for Eclipse tended to crash on me, with the slightest error
in the document.

James

Re: groove eclipse plugin

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: groove eclipse plugin

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ha yes, I forgot this one. But I never used it so far

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: groove eclipse plugin

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.