Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Kit Plummer <ki...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 00:14:40 UTC

Bundle with a JNI dependency works, then doesn't...

Hey guys.

I'm trying to get a simple bundle working with a JNI dependency.  All
is good if I start Karaf, with the bundle previously installed.  But,
if I uninstall that bundle, and reinstall from a file...it won't
start.  I'm guessing there's some underlying classloading issue.  Or
is it me, and my bundle?  Any help?

Thanks.
Kit

Re: Bundle with a JNI dependency works, then doesn't...

Posted by Kit Plummer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Yeh, reading my post again, sorry for the ambiguity.

So, if I install my bundle, which refers to a <Bundle-NativeCode/> JNI library, and start it from the console - I would just get an "activator" error, and it wouldn't start.  But if I kill Karaf, restart it, my bundle would start no problem and work.

I was running the 1.6.0 version of Karaf, not sure what that means for Felix, but I updated to the 2.0.0 release and all is fine.

Kit

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.