Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca on 2007/05/01 22:16:08 UTC

[BeanUtils] Unable to find value

Hi,

I have been trying to carry over a web application using Struts 1.2.7 to
J2SE 1.5 with J2EE 1.4.
The application runs fine on J2SE 1.4 J2EE 1.3.

There is a known issue with the:
BeanUtilsBean.java
PropertyUtilsBean.java

I have a form with a list of BeneficiaryVO called Beneficiaries.
And for each BeneficiaryVO there is a list of TrusteeVO called Trustees.

When I run the application with the 1.2.7 code I get this error:

[01/05/07 15:58:42:921 EDT] 00000023 ServletWrappe E   SRVE0068E: Uncaught
exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet:
/WEB-INF/personal/insurances/insurance.jsp. Exception thrown :
javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to find a value for "beneficiaries"
in object of class "hronline.secure.personal.insurances.InsuranceForm"
using operator "."

What I did is downloaded the 1.7.0 source code of the BeanUtils and
applied the fixed for revision=154349.
** When I run the application again the exception occurs in the nested
object. **

[01/05/07 15:06:43:775 EDT] 0000001d ServletWrappe E   SRVE0068E: Uncaught
exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet:
/WEB-INF/personal/insurances/insurance.jsp. Exception thrown :
javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to find a value for "trustees" in
object of class "hronline.secure.personal.insurances.BeneficiaryVO" using
operator "."

Is this still a problem or is my approach wrong.
I'm in dire need of a fix or workaround, since my project needs the
application to run on this new versioned server or else I must cancel it
until a fix is out.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- Glenn

(I can provide the full stack trace if needed)