Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Maciej Kwiecien <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/10 17:15:03 UTC

How to pass WSE 3.0 authentication using wss4j?

Hello All,

I'd like to check if wss4j library can be useful in following usecase:

I've got SOAP message (request) that I need  to send to web service that
requires WSE 3.0 authentication.

Can WSS4J library help me to perform all required transformation to pass WSE
3.0 authentication?

In other words, what should be done in my java client to talk to web service
secured by WSE 3.0 ?

What is more, I use ServiceMix. ( I've found a lot of pages dedicated to
resolving this issue  in Axis).

Any help will be appreciated,

Maciej

X509NameTokenizer.java

Posted by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com>.
Hi,

Right under

wss4j\trunk\src\org\apache\ws\security\components\crypto

there is a file: X509NameTokenizer.java

The license on the top is:

/*
 * This source is a plain copy from bouncycastle software.
 * Thus:
 * Copyright (c) 2000 The Legion Of The Bouncy Castle
(http://www.bouncycastle.org)
 */

This comment and the fact has been lifted from a project with a
different
license and having IP issues (they implement some encryption algorithm
that
is still patented in some countries) is giving me problems. Besides,
looking
at it, it is very rudimentary. It does not conform to 2253 very closely,
just
roughly.

XML-Security contains an RFC2253 parser which looks much much better and
is
under compatible license.

How about if we lift it and use it in WSS4J which will eliminate
licensing
issues and will improve parsing correctness?

Best Regards,
George

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: How to pass WSE 3.0 authentication using wss4j?

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maciej,

WSS4J can be used to do all three steps you have mentioned.
If you can explain the incompatibilities of WSS4J that you found with
WSE 3.0, we can try to help you.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
http://blog.ruchith.org
http://wso2.org

Re: How to pass WSE 3.0 authentication using wss4j?

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

--
http://blog.ruchith.org
http://wso2.org