Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "KUMAR,PANKAJ (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <pa...@hp.com> on 2003/01/13 09:19:23 UTC

HTTPS access with Tomcat 4.1.18

Hi,

I am having problem with HTTPS setup of Tomcat 4.1.18. I am using Sun's
J2SDK 1.4.1_01 on a Windows 2000 machine.

I have uncommented the SSL connector in server.xml and have set attributes
keystoreFile and keystorePass appropriately.

I can even access a resource with HTTPS url using wget utility of Cygwin. I
can also access it with a Java program using HttpsURLConnection.

However, I am not able to access the same URL using IE6.0 or Netscape 7.0. I
put a proxy between the browser and the Tomcat, and found that IE6.0
abruptly terminates connection after getting ServerHelloDone (part of SSL
handshake). In case of Netscape 7.0, the SSL handshake fails after
ClientHello itself because it doesn't find a common ciphersuite.

I realize that the problem is probably with JSSE of JDK and not with Tomcat.

My question is: has any of you encountered this problem?

/Pankaj.