Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by wen xie <xw...@hotmail.com> on 2001/08/09 22:21:15 UTC

Converting Java objects to XML using SOAP utilities

Hi,

I am trying to use SOAP utilities to convert Java objects to XML format
since I know that SOAP embeds objects to XML messages. I did some searches
but so far no good. I don't need to invoke RPCs or communicate between
client and server. Simply I just want to know how I can convert Java objects
to XML using SOAP. Could someone give me a hint about this?

Thanks a lot.

Wen

RE: Converting Java objects to XML using SOAP utilities

Posted by graham glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
the GLUE java/xml facility is independent of SOAP
and will soon be available as a separate standalone package.

cheers,
graham

http://www.themindelectric.com

Using SOAP for Java-to-XML would be like using a hammer to turn a screw.
Regards,
--KH

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.
There is also castor available at
http://exolab.org

Rich Catlett

Posted by graham glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
for most commercial uses.

Posted by graham glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
for most commercial uses.

Posted by "HepJedi (aka Aaron)" <he...@yahoo.com>.
Is GLUE free?

Posted by "HepJedi (aka Aaron)" <he...@yahoo.com>.
Is GLUE free?

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.

Posted by Richard Boehme <bo...@acm.jhu.edu>.
Wen,

My first though is to use SOAP's BeanSerializer for the conversion.

--Richard

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, wen xie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use SOAP utilities to convert Java objects to XML format
> since I know that SOAP embeds objects to XML messages. I did some searches
> but so far no good. I don't need to invoke RPCs or communicate between
> client and server. Simply I just want to know how I can convert Java objects
> to XML using SOAP. Could someone give me a hint about this?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Wen

-- Rich

boehme@hops.cs.jhu.edu
Dorm Phone: (410) 516-5974

http://hops.cs.jhu.edu/~boehme/

Re: Converting Java objects to XML using SOAP utilities

Posted by Richard Boehme <bo...@acm.jhu.edu>.
Wen,

My first though is to use SOAP's BeanSerializer for the conversion.

--Richard

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, wen xie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use SOAP utilities to convert Java objects to XML format
> since I know that SOAP embeds objects to XML messages. I did some searches
> but so far no good. I don't need to invoke RPCs or communicate between
> client and server. Simply I just want to know how I can convert Java objects
> to XML using SOAP. Could someone give me a hint about this?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Wen

-- Rich

boehme@hops.cs.jhu.edu