Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2012/08/16 09:01:53 UTC

Adobe Donation Update

Hi folks,

I’m pleased to announce that TLF has been signed by its VP.  Once the Apache secretary records the grant, I will check in the code.

A different VP that will sign the Falcon grant is on vacation this week so we will ask him to sign next Monday.  Sometimes it takes a few days as folks dig themselves out from vacation backlog.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Adobe Donation Update

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/20/12 10:08 AM, "Joel Marks" <jo...@webfilings.com> wrote:

> Great news!!  Currently it seemed like Jin Huang was still working on TLF
> is Adobe going to continue to contribute any resources to TLF on Apache?
>
> There was talk still of a new version of TLF that was being worked on that
> included tables among other things.  Will that code be contributed and if
> so will anyone from Adobe continue to work on it?
>
> Our company heavily uses TLF so I am very interested in getting into
> contact with others that have worked on it or with it a lot in the past to
> talk through what direction we can take it.

It is my understanding that the engineers on TLF have been re-assigned to
new tasks, so I don't think Adobe has any official resources for TLF going
forward.

Of course, they can participate on their own time, but I'm not sure if
they'll have cycles to spare.  I've asked them to join the flex-dev mailing
list, but I don't know if they have or will be able to filter out TLF
questions from everything else.

Like everything in Apache Flex, it is up to the community to drive it
forward.  Carol and I have been in the code so we might be able to help
some.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Adobe Donation Update

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 8/20/12 1 :08PM, "Joel Marks" <jo...@webfilings.com> wrote:

>Great news!!  Currently it seemed like Jin Huang was still working on TLF
>is Adobe going to continue to contribute any resources to TLF on Apache?
>
>There was talk still of a new version of TLF that was being worked on that
>included tables among other things.  Will that code be contributed and if
>so will anyone from Adobe continue to work on it?

I saw table stuff in the tlf trunk when I diff'ed it with their 3.0 code.
I have no idea if they finished it or not. Take a look at flex/tlf/trunk
in our repository.

Carol

Re: Adobe Donation Update

Posted by Joel Marks <jo...@webfilings.com>.

Re: Adobe Donation Update

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

Re: Adobe Donation Update

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Adobe Donation Update

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 8/16/12 7 :25PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>HI,
>
>The Flex SDK was using an old version of TLF. I've not looked but what
>version of the TLF has been check in and any idea what would be required
>to get the SDK to use the latest checked in version?

I already did this work at Adobe and it is in adobe.next.  I will merge it
into develop after we get mustella stabilized.  Changing TLF versions is
usually quite disruptive.  I don't quite remember but I think it was
relatively smooth upgrade when I updated TLF to v3.something.

Carol

Re: Adobe Donation Update

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,