Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xavier Stevens <Xa...@fox.com> on 2009/02/18 00:59:29 UTC

Hadoop Performance

I'm uploading a bunch of data  to a new cluster but I'm getting terrible
performance.  I'm using Hadoop 0.18.3 and my write speed is never
breaking 10 MB/s right now.  Does anyone know what might be wrong?  Or
have suggestions or alternatives to dfs -put?

Thanks,

-Xavier

RE: Hadoop Performance

Posted by Xavier Stevens <Xa...@fox.com>.
Disregard.  I discovered that this was a networking performance issue
unrelated to Hadoop.

-Xavier