Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by overseastars <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/19 18:04:05 UTC

"go back" problem

Hi all
I'm learning to use the library example on the wicket website. But I found
that once I got some results by search and I clicked one link to go into
that detail page, then I actually could go back to the previous page. The
example on the wicket website just provides a link to home, not a real
"Back" link.

For example, I'm searching some hotels. I input a keyword in the search bar
and then get a list of accommodations. Then I click on one record and I get
a list of rooms of that accommodation. Now if I click on one room it will go
to the detail page of that room. What if I want to go back to the previous
page containing a list of rooms? Furthermore, what if I want to go back to
that page including a list of accommodation??

I just put a small piece of my code here. this is the method from the wicket
example page. How can I make a "back" link?
I really need this. otherwise my mentor will kill my marks......:-( Please
help me. Many thanks~~

public static BookmarkablePageLink link(final String name,
			final Accommodation accommodation) {
		clickedAccommodation = accommodation;

		final BookmarkablePageLink link = new BookmarkablePageLink(name,
				RoomResultListPage.class);

		if (accommodation != null) {
			link.setParameter("aid", accommodation.getAid());

			link.add(new Label("name", new Model(accommodation.getName())));
		} else {
			link.add(new Label("name", "No matched rooms - xingxing"));
			link.setEnabled(false);
		}

		return link;

	}

Re: "go back" problem

Posted by overseastars <na...@gmail.com>.

Hi

I dont know whether this question is too easy or hard???
Since I'm a newbie of wicket, I dont know whether there are built-in
functions for the "Back" link like the browsers do.
Could anyone give me, at least, some ideas?? I'm still trapped by this
possibly fish quesion.....Thanks a lot for any help.

Re: "go back" problem

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you can pass the master page instance into the detail page, then in
detail page simply go back

class masterpage extends webpage {
  add(new link("detail") { onclick() { setresponsepage(new
detailpage(masterpage.this));}});
}

clas detailpage extends webpage {

  public detailpage(final page back) {
     add(new link("back") { oncick() { setresponsepage(back);}});
}

-igor

Re: DropDownChoice onchange event with AjaxEventBehaviour

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009, Yazeed Isaacs wrote:
> Yes, I want feedback text for a lengthy process and then update the
> table and remove the feedback text.

See IAjaxIndicatorAware.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: DropDownChoice onchange event with AjaxEventBehaviour

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
What I suggested before could work  but it is a bit more complicated than
your current solution.
1-Step 1: go to the server and start a new thread with the lengthy process
and keep track of it.... update panel with "processing..." and a timer that
goes back to the server to check if the job is finished.
2-Once the Job is finished replace your "processing..." with an empty panel
(with no timer) and update the "panel" with the table.

I use a similar approach when exporting data so that the user can track
progress ( or even cancel it if it is taking to long to complete)....

Best,

Ernesto

Posted by "Hoover, William " <wh...@nemours.org>.
You should use the same label and just replace the model object:
final Label label = new Label("text", new Model(""));
label.setModelObject("processing...");
label.setModelObject("");

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.
Can you post what you need to do. Does Step 2 take some time to
complete?

You could:
do step 1
do step 2 and wait for response
then do step 3

cheers,
Steve

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Yazeed Isaacs <Ya...@switch.tj> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a select box with an AjaxEventBehaviour linked to its onchange
> event.
>
> I want to perform the following but I need some help.
>
> When onchange occurs the following steps are implemented using the
> AjaxRequestTarget:
>
> 1. Update a WebMarkupContainer containerA with the words "processing..."

update containerA with "processing..." and an AJAX timer... Once processing
is finished update containerB and remove timer with a an empty panel?

Best,

Ernesto