Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/07 19:14:52 UTC

Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 3

Dear All,

I have made Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 3 available. Again no Apache release yet - this is for testing purposes.

https://people.apache.org/~bolke/ <https://people.apache.org/~bolke/>  . Tarball is signed.

Blockers:

* XCom throws an duplicate / locking error (new - confirmed) -> Jeremiah is taking a look. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-738 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-738> .

Fixed issues
* Regression in email
* LDAP case sensitivity
* one_failed task not being run: now seems to pass suddenly (so fixed?) -> need to investigate why
* Email attachments
* Pinned jinja2 to < 2.9.0 (2.9.1 has a confirmed regression)
* Improve time units for task performance charts

Pending features:
* DAG.catchup : minor changes needed, documentation still required, integration tests seem to pass flawlessly
* Cgroups + impersonation: clean up of patches on going, more tests and more elaborate documentation required. Integration tests not executed yet
* Schedule all pending DAG runs in a single scheduler loop: no progress (**)
* Add execution_date to trigger_dag

If the pending features are merged within a reasonable time frame (except for **, as no progress currently) then I am planning to mark the tarball as Beta and only allow bug fixes and (very) minor features. Hopefully end of next week.

Have a good weekend!
Bolke

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 3

Posted by Jeremiah Lowin <jl...@apache.org>.
Good stuff Bolke -- I was in the process of spinning up mysql because I
hadn't observed it in my normal test env (postgres) and that was the only
variable left [I think]. Let me know if you see it re-emerge.

Re: Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 3

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jeremiah,

I probably have fixed the issue: see https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1978 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1978> . It seems to be an issue in how MySQL does locking. See also: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23615641/why-am-i-getting-deadlock-in-mysql <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23615641/why-am-i-getting-deadlock-in-mysql>