Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by rageice <ra...@rastamail.com> on 2008/07/31 17:45:02 UTC

[trinidad] skinning

Hello, sorry for my bad english.

I am trying to use skins with trinidad, and I can't understand the result.

I have this in my page:
-------------------------------------
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>

    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
    xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
    xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
    xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
    xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
    xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html"

[/code]

My css file:
[code]
af|panelBox::body {
  background-color: pink;
}
---------------------------------------

In trinidad-config.xml, I have
---------------------------------------
[code]
<skins xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/skin">
    <skin>
        <id>skintest.desktop</id>
        <family>skintest</family>
        <render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop</render-kit-id>
    </skin>
</skins>

And in trinidad-config.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<trinidad-config xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/config">
  <debug-output>true</debug-output>
  <skin-family>skintest</skin-family>
</trinidad-config>

AND NOW, THE GENERATED CODE:

The html table in the response is:
    <tbody>
    </tbody>

And finally, the x5q class is:
.x5q {
background-color:pink;
padding:6px;
}

So, it should be ok.
but in the result, nothing is pink, the css file is too big and I don't see
the problem.
Does someone has ever had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [trinidad] skinning

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 11:28 AM, rageice <ra...@rastamail.com> wrote:

> Ok, so, after have looked the css in details, I can only say that trinidad
> generates stranges CSS rules (or there is something I don't know about
> skinning, and it isn't explained in the section of the same name of the
> trinidad web site).
>
> My panelBox should be pink, but the generated css is:
> .x5g .x5q {
>  background-color:pink;
> }

the x5g is due to compression. I recommend to turn
it off, for development.
see the trinidad dev guide for more infos on skinning

myfaces.apache.org/trinidad

Thx,
Matthias

> And the class x5g is never used in the generated html, so sure, there is a
> problem.
> Really, it seems to be impossible to use skinning with trinidad actually, my
> example is the most simple possible and it's not ok.
>
> Does someone know if the skinning strategy of trinidad will change ( I have
> read this somewhere but not sure )
>
> If someone has more informations about this...
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> rageice wrote:
>>
>> Hello, sorry for my bad english.
>>
>> I am trying to use skins with trinidad, and I can't understand the result.
>>

>> I have this in my page:
>> -------------------------------------
>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

>>     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>     xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
>>     xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
>>     xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
>>     xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
>>     xmlns:trh="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/html"

>> [/code]
>>
>> My css file:
>> [code]
>> af|panelBox::body {
>>   background-color: pink;
>> }
>> ---------------------------------------
>>

>> In trinidad-config.xml, I have
>> ---------------------------------------
>> [code]
>> <skins xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/skin">
>>     <skin>
>>         <id>skintest.desktop</id>
>>         <family>skintest</family>
>>         <render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop</render-kit-id>
>>     </skin>
>> </skins>
>>

>> And in trinidad-config.xml:
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <trinidad-config xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/config">
>>   <debug-output>true</debug-output>
>>   <skin-family>skintest</skin-family>
>> </trinidad-config>
>>
>> AND NOW, THE GENERATED CODE:
>>
>> The html table in the response is:
>> summary="">
>>     <tbody>
>>     </tbody>
>>

>> And finally, the x5q class is:
>> .x5q {
>> background-color:pink;
>> padding:6px;
>> }
>>
>> So, it should be ok.
>> but in the result, nothing is pink, the css file is too big and I don't
>> see the problem.
>> Does someone has ever had this problem?
>>

>> Thanks in advance.

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [trinidad] skinning

Posted by rageice <ra...@rastamail.com>.

Re: [trinidad] skinning

Posted by rageice <ra...@rastamail.com>.
Thanks for your answer, but in fact:

I know why a cache problem can appears. And that's why I don't understand
why it is possible to dynamically change skins without problem!

And for the CSS content, I have understood the problem! But I just can't
solve it. I don't really remember but there is really a problem in the
generation of the CSS file. Event with just a component, there is an inherit
rule ( or a rule like "a b { }" ) which breaks my definitions!!!

If there is something I don't do well, it is really not easy to find what!
And I do the same than in the section about skinning on the official website
whith the last trinidad version.

Re: [trinidad] skinning

Posted by rageice <ra...@rastamail.com>.

Re: [trinidad] skinning

Posted by Zigc Junk <zi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [trinidad] skinning

Posted by rageice <ra...@rastamail.com>.
Yes I will try again (I have searched a little with firebug, but the CSS is
really big).
There is necessary a simple thing i haven't seen.
Just to precise, the page I displayed here is full.
I will give more details later if I understand.

Re: [trinidad] skinning

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.