Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yannick Caillaux <ya...@univ-valenciennes.fr> on 2009/02/13 11:30:54 UTC

Sorting by relevance and a field

Hi all,

Lucene sorts by decreasing relevance by default.
The SortField class is used for sorting by lucene field(s).

First I must sort by relevance, then (for the results which have the
same relevance) I must sort by a lucene field (title for example).

I don't know how to do that. Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance

Yannick

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
suspect n'a été trouvé.

Re: Sorting by relevance and a field

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
SortField.FIELD_SCORE lets you sort by relevance.

So then make a Sort that contains an array of two SortFields, eg:

   new Sort(new SortField[] {SortField.FIELD_SCORE, new
SortField(myField)})

and pass that when searching.  Lucene will then sort first by score,
and when there are ties, second by myField (doing auto-detection to
infer that field's type; if you know the type, pass that down when you
create the SortField).

Mike