Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/10 10:36:39 UTC

[Flex, JS] Error calling method on NPObject!

Hi Guys,

I am struggling in my application with the problem on calling Flex method
from the JavaScript.
Getting error: "Error calling method on NPObject!" - It is very
intermittent.

Anyone had these problem ? Maybe someone could provide some solution.
Currently if these error occurs I am trying to call these method once again,
but sometimes retry is also failing.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [Flex, JS] Error calling method on NPObject!

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I am reading about that on the other forums and some folks are pointing that
it could be some kind of security issues.

My application is behind https domain, both js file which is trying to
communicate with my swf are in the same domain.

I see that at the initialization of app someone use these two lines:

Security.allowDomain("*");
Security.allowInsecureDomain("*");

Documentation is saying that we shouldn't use "allowInsecureDomain" for
communication between HTTPS files - This is probably my case. - Could this
cause in some way my errors because these two methods has been used at the
same time ?

"Do not use this method to enable scripting between non-HTTPS files, between
HTTPS files, or from HTTPS files to non-HTTPS files."

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com