Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Oleg Khaschansky <ol...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 13:50:28 UTC

[classlib][awt] OpenGL pipeline for java2d.

Hi all,

I submitted the missing parts of OpenGL java2d pipeline to [1]. It
demonstrates faster alpha blending on linux. It is a reasonable
alternative to the xlib-based codepath and there's a good perspective
of hardware acceleration usage and performance tuning for it. A part
of the code, which uses OpenGL is shared between linux and windows.
The code that is based on GLX/WGL is a platform-specific code.

There are several unresolved issues in it: it still lacks font
rendering, on windows RGB color components are swapped in the blitter,
performance could be improved in some areas, memory usage could be
improved.

To enable OpenGL codepath run java with -Djava2d.opengl=true

  Oleg

Re: [classlib][awt] OpenGL pipeline for java2d.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
cool -- good stuff Oleg.

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [classlib][awt] OpenGL pipeline for java2d.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
wow.  thanks