Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Stover, Michael" <Mi...@usa.xerox.com> on 2002/05/29 16:10:03 UTC

RE: Login Config Element vs. Login Configuration (JDBC Request & FTP Request)

I'm surprised you say both are broken - JDBC, at least, has been working
fine for me.  I'll check again today to make sure.

The login config element is re-used in both JDBC and FTP for the username
and password information.

addCustomTestElement is an abstract method in AbstractSampler that allows
new protocol writers to handle custom configuration elements.  For instance,
in HTTPSampler, if a UrlConfig is added as configuration, it will be shunted
to the "addCustomTestElement" method for handling, where the HTTPSampler can
do the appropriate thing with the information.

-Mike