Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by "Banda, Ramu" <ra...@westpac.com.au> on 2021/07/25 10:46:21 UTC

HBase Connectivity with Drill

Hi Team,
We have a question regarding HBase connectivity using Drill, hope you guys help us.
We are using Hortonworks Hadoop cluster as a Big Data platform and we got HBase as one of the component with in this cluster. Also, we are setting up Apache Drill outside of Hadoop cluster.
Now, we would like to query HBase using Apache Drill, we know that this solution will work. And, we have used below plugin information.

The question here, HBase plugin does not have username& password , how does it authenticate HBase which is outside of Apache Drill host machine?
Note: Hadoop cluster is authenticated through edge node with Kerberos mechanism.
HBase Plugin Information:
{
          "type": "hbase",
          "config": {
            "hbase.zookeeper.quorum": "10.10.100.62,10.10.10.52,10.10.10.53",
            "hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort": "2181"
          },
          "size.calculator.enabled": false,
          "enabled": true
        }

Thanks,
Ramu

________________________________
Confidential communication
Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL 233714)
Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation
________________________________

Re: HBase Connectivity with Drill

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
Hi Ramu,
   I'm not using the drill with kerberos now. But I found drill users
use the hive with krb on that :

|{ "type": "hive", "enabled": true, "configProps": {
"hive.metastore.uris": "thrift://<metastore_hostname>:9083",
"fs.default.name": "hdfs:///", "hive.server2.enable.doAs": "false",
"hive.metastore.sasl.enabled": "true",
"hive.metastore.kerberos.principal": "<metastore_server_principal_name>" } }|

   I think the HBase connector is maybe :

||{
   "config": {
     "hbase.client.keytab.file" : "",
     "hbase.client.kerberos.principal" : ""
   }
}

   Actually, HBase storage put all the configuration (for the client
setting) key-value pairs on the `config` field. In addition, this doc is
related to the kerberos (with drill). Configuring Kerberos Security
<https://drill.apache.org/docs/configuring-kerberos-security/>

在 2021/7/25 下午6:46, Banda, Ramu 写道: