Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/04/18 23:15:14 UTC

Re: Make NameNode listen on multiple interfaces

You can try setting fs.default.name to "0.0.0.0:8020" on the NameNode
and it might listen on all the interface (there should really be a
better way to specify bind address).

But that mostly wont solve all the problems for accessing from a
different network. The problem is that client use the same ip address
for the datanode that NameNode sees for that datanode.

Raghu.