Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2015/07/01 18:14:57 UTC

Re: Dependencies and fallback configuration

Hello Arkady,

On Jun 18, 2015, at 10:29 AM, Shapkin Arkady <Ar...@infotecs.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve create configuration “build_sourceanalyzer” for my module (legacy_lib) that should be resolved to sourceanalyzer and for transitive dependencies, but somehow ivy resolve to conf="standard, sourceanalyzer(standard)(standard), sourceanalyzer, sourceanalyzer(standard)"  for transitive decencies like base_lib.
> Legacy_lib, pki_asn and base_lib use same configurations and confmapping.
>
> Why ivy (2.4) resolve base_lib configuration to standard? Shouldn’t ivy fallback to standard, only if base_lib doesn’t contain sourceanalyzer configuration?

That looks like a bug. I am not on top of all the bug reports in JIRA. It would be worth it to make a search to see whether this has been reported. If this has been reported already, I would like to know the JIRA issue id. If not then a new JIRA should be filed for that.

We seem to be short of active maintainers for ivy so patches/pull requests in Github would be welcome too.

Regards,

Antoine