Posted to builds@apache.org by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org> on 2016/11/14 10:19:56 UTC

Apache Jackrabbit Oak matrix not building any more

Hi,

Since a couple of days the Jackrabbit Oak matrix [1] is not building any
more. AFAICS there is no nodes/labels configured. However I'm unable to
change this in the "Configuration Matrix" section under "Slaves" as the
box "Node/Label" is just empty. Could somebody from the infra side
please have a look?

Michael

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20matrix/

Re: Apache Jackrabbit Oak matrix not building any more

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 16.11.16 12:25 , Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> This seems to fix the issue and jobs are running at the moment.

Let's see for how long ;-)

> The remaining question is whether and how we want to use Windows build
> slaves. Did the build matrix simply pick a Linux or Windows slave
> randomly? I think we could do that as well by adding an additional
> 'Windows' label.

Windows was once part of that matrix. However the builds took 8h so I
removed it and moved it to its own Job:
https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20matrix%20(Windows)/
I never managed to get this to work though.

Michael

Re: Apache Jackrabbit Oak matrix not building any more

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
On 16/11/16 11:49, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> On 16/11/16 11:39, Michael Dürig wrote:
>>> This page [0] describes updates to Jenkins node labels that were done on
>>> November 9th. The label 'Ubuntu' we were sing does not exist anymore and
>>> it seems our build was not updated.
>>>

>> Yes I've seen this announcement but how do we update our build?
>
> not sure, but I assume we were doing something non-standard with the
> slave configuration in the build matrix. Other projects usually have a
> build label set in the general section. I guess that's what Infra
> updated automatically for all jobs. Our job doesn't have that. I'll give
> it a try update the config...

Tommaso and I updated the job configuration:

- Removed the Slave configuration in the build matrix
- Restricted the build to label 'ubuntu'

This seems to fix the issue and jobs are running at the moment.

The remaining question is whether and how we want to use Windows build
slaves. Did the build matrix simply pick a Linux or Windows slave
randomly? I think we could do that as well by adding an additional
'Windows' label.

Regards
  Marcel

Re: Apache Jackrabbit Oak matrix not building any more

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.

[0] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Jenkins+node+labels

Re: Apache Jackrabbit Oak matrix not building any more

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20matrix/jobConfigHistory/showDiffFiles?timestamp1=2016-11-08_07-48-20&timestamp2=2016-11-10_09-31-46

Re: Apache Jackrabbit Oak matrix not building any more

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 11:19 +0100, Michael D�rig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since a couple of days the Jackrabbit Oak matrix [1] is not building
> any�
> more. AFAICS there is no nodes/labels configured. However I'm unable
> to�
> change this in the "Configuration Matrix" section under "Slaves" as
> the�
> box "Node/Label" is just empty. Could somebody from the infra side�
> please have a look?

It's probably this

  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f0f38645fed334b0858e76476a8076fe
3fae86355e14d162edd4268f@%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E