Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "M. Alex Hankins" <lx...@fastmail.fm> on 2005/08/11 01:52:16 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_cache returning 304 status on non-conditional requests (mod_mem_cache, 2.0.54)

Hi, I'm running httpd 2.0.54 on Solaris with mod_mem_cache and
mod_deflate.

I noticed that in less than 2d 10h of uptime, we started getting broken
images on one of our pages.  Packet analysis showed that httpd was
returning a 304 Not Modified response to requests for images that were
not conditional.  Specifically, there were no request headers starting
with "If".

Is this a new bug?  Is it related to the 2005-05-21 thread "mod_cache
deliver 304 instead of (not so) stale cache" on the apache-httpd-dev
list [
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=111670599704955&w=2
]?

I also saw error messages (in error_log) that looked similar to the
following.  Can anyone confirm or deny whether they are related?

[Wed Aug 10 11:28:28 2005] [error] [client 10.1.1.1] (130)Software
caused connection abort: mod_asis: ap_pass_brigade failed for file
/foo/bar/frob.js.asis, referer: http://host.domain/alex/

Disabling mod_cache seems to have solved the problem, for some
definition of "solved"; I'd really like my cache back.  *grin*

Thanks in advance,
Alex Hankins

Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess & php

Posted by Hiep Nguyen <hi...@ee.ucr.edu>.
well, i tried to move .htaccess to /var/www/html/ folder and my website it
not accessible at all (or any sub folders), even .htaccess contains
nothing in it.  It seems to me that wherever I place .htaccess file, it
prevents the entire directory and sub-directory from user access.
I think there is conflict settings somewhere in Apache,
but i don't know where to start.  Can somebody point me to the right
direction?  I'm newbie to linux.

Thanks,
T. Hiep

Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess & php

Posted by James Carr <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess & php

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 8/11/05, Hiep Nguyen <hi...@ee.ucr.edu> wrote:
> Here is the last error in /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
> [Thu Aug 11 16:37:37 2005] [alert] [client 10.0.0.128]
> /var/www/html/images/.htaccess: IndexIgnore not allowed here, referer:
> http://10.0.0.120/company/manual.php
>
> By the way, I already enable .htaccess in httpd.conf

But you didn't enable it properly.  That error means that
AllowOverride is not set properly.  Check it again.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] .htaccess & php