Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2019/12/30 12:14:13 UTC

Lucene/Solr 8.4.1 bugfix release

Hi

I propose a quick 8.4.1 bugfix release and I volunteer as RM.

I plan to build RC1 on Monday January 6th, one week from now.

Feel free to merge bug fixes to branch_8_4, just drop a word here.
As usual, do NOT merge features or large changes that risk the stability of the release.
Minor fixes to documentation, build system etc won’t need a mention in CHANGES, unless you want to give credit to a contributor.

Please leave branch_8_4 Jenkins jobs running.

--
Jan Høydahl, Apache Lucene committer
janhoy@apache.org

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.4.1 bugfix release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jan, seems like Noble just resolved it.
I'll spin the RC1 in another 10-12 hours from now.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Consider this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14165 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-14165> which prevents rolling upgrade 8.3->8.4 (introduced with 8.4.0).

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.