Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2020/11/14 18:57:08 UTC

Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Information

Hi all,

After the release of AOO 4.1.8 it is time to bump this topic up again.

Our Project Information still lists SVN as Code Repository. We moved to
Git long ago.
People who look into SVN will get the impression that there is
absolutely no development going on...

Is it possible to update the data now?

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

> On Nov 15, 2020, at 9:25 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Marcus ha scritto:

>>> Technically yes, but I recognized a slightly bigger vertical space
>>> between the topics on the main page and also the boxes on the download
>>> page. This may be a css issue. Nothing really big.
>> right, but have a look also for the fonts and font sizes. Also here are visible changes.
>
> Just to be clear: by "project site" I mean https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project not https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org which I haven't built yet.
>
> And I don't really see any difference in the project site between the "old" and "new" version, besides the underlining of links which is an easy CSS fix (if wanted; I actually prefer the staged version).

That was a test change. I prefer that the links be underlined for accessibility reasons. Meaning color blind people might have trouble noticing these hyperlinks.

> There would be room for other CSS improvements but these apply to the current https://openoffice.apache.org too.

Exactly.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

> On Nov 15, 2020, at 9:56 AM, Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Am 15.11.20 um 18:52 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>
>>> On Nov 15, 2020, at 9:34 AM, Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andrea,

>>> Yes, you are right. The project information is located on the project
>>> site. Sorry for the confusion. ;-)
>>> IMO the project site is ready for switching.
>>> The underlining has changed with my latest css commit. I didn't find the
>>> time to explain it:
>>>
>>> Permanent underlining makes the links esp. on the download page
>>> unreadable. Underlining now appears only with "mouser-over".
>>>
>>> Links are all in blue, so I changed the Heading of the pages to a grey
>>> from our logo. This way it cannot be confused with a clickable link.
>>>
>>> If these changes are OK for everyone I would like to make them also to
>>> openoffice.org.
>> The css is here: https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org/blob/main/assets/css/ooo.css
>
> I assume we now have *one* single css?

Don’t assume. I just moved the site.

We still have all the other css and I tried to make sure that these are still included in the same order.

When I was testing the Hebrew site with rtl overrides I found that I had ooo.css at the end and not the first style of the <head> block.

> Because on the "old" page there were used lots of them resulting in
> different layouts depending on the localized page.

We also have the product page css overrides which give us the program icons instead of bullets.

A larger question to be discussed as Marketing - Why are the product names different from the Application Quick Start?

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Dave,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

> On Nov 15, 2020, at 9:31 AM, Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Technically yes, but I recognized a slightly bigger vertical space
>>> between the topics on the main page and also the boxes on the download
>>> page. This may be a css issue. Nothing really big.
>>
>> right, but have a look also for the fonts and font sizes. Also here are visible changes.
>>
>> But I also think that this is just CSS and nothing big.
>
> Strange because on macOS Safari and Chrome the two sites look identical. Firefox does differ from Safari and Chrome, but the old and new are identical to each other.
>
> So, we have a small CSS issue, but not a new CSS issue.
>
> Please report your Browsers and OSs ...

Nevermind - we are not explicitly setting line-height and Firefox’s “normal” differs from the other browsers.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Andrea,

>>> I'll regenerate it from the standard template, just in case something
>>> changed there too.
>> Please update it in the new repository.
>
> Pushed. The template had indeed been updated (references to the Apache
> License) and the content is also current now, including references to
> the Git repository.

Thanks, I already copied it to our project site and published it.
However the cron job needs some time to pick up the new information:

https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Andrea,

> Dave Fisher wrote:
>> The file in question is here:
>> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf
>>

> You can leave further updates to this file to me for this weekend.
> I'll regenerate it from the standard template, just in case something
> changed there too.
>
> I mean I'll update the copy in the new repository, not the online one:
> if I got it correctly, we don't have a process for bringing all
> updates from the old infrastructure (which is still writable, right?)
> to the new one, so I will push to the new repositories only.

Thanks for that!
Please update it in the new repository.

But I'd like to have that information updated asap, so I will probably
copy it to online version in SVN then.

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Dave Fisher wrote:
> The file in question is here:
> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf

You can leave further updates to this file to me for this weekend. I'll

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
The file in question is here:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf <https://github.com/apache/openoffice-project/blob/main/content/doap_openoffice.rdf>

Compare it with this:

https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice <https://projects.apache.org/project.html?openoffice>

If you update it the new git then that will go live once we make the switch.

Regards,
Dave