Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/18 09:58:22 UTC

[VFS] What is the roadmap to 2.1?

Hi guys,

I'm in need of the FileObject.isFolder() method, which is expected to come
in 2.1 version:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-vfs/apidocs/org/apache/commons
/vfs2/FileObject.html#isFolder()

So my question is: when is the release date expected?
And also, until that date, how can I test if my FileObject is a folder so I
can get its children?

Thank you.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: [VFS] What is the roadmap to 2.1?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
since JCIFS is used as optional dependency, isn't it sufficient? here is
the jira  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-438

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

Not sure if there are plans for a release, but it is certainly about time.

To get the property if a FO has children (it can have content and children
on some providers!) I use

fileObject.getType().hasChildren()

Greetings
Bernd