Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "jimisuz1 ." <ge...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/21 02:54:01 UTC

numbering of pages

I would like to know how to set the "page" settings so I can print,, as an
example,,,  pages: 1,3,5,7,9,,,,etc. without having to print the even
numbered pages.
I have been  trying to do so.
The information I am trying to print in this manner comes as an attachment
of an e-mail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,,
James
geminix1966@gmail.com

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 20:54 20/09/2015 -0400, James Noname wrote:
>I would like to know how to set the "page" settings so I can print,
>as an example, pages: 1,3,5,7,9, etc. without having to print the
>even numbered pages.

To print just alternate pages of a document, you do more or less what
you have described. In the Print dialogue, under "Range and copies",
click the Pages radio button and enter the list of required pages as
"1,3,5,7,9" or whatever (no quotes). I don't see any way to indicate
"only odd pages" without specifying them explicitly.

If you want to do this, the odd-numbered pages must presumably be
clearly identifiable as different in some way. It might be easier to
edit out the original even-page material - probably in a copy of the
original document - leaving just the material that you need to print.

If your real purpose is to be able to print the material
double-sided, there are often easier ways to achieve this.

Incidentally, your Subject header, "numbering of pages", doesn't fit
this question. Are you perhaps asking instead to be able to number
the pages of your document with odd numbers only - so that the second
page is numbered "3", the third page "5", and so on? There are ways to do that.

>The information I am trying to print in this manner comes as an
>attachment of an e-mail.

I don't see that the source of your material matters, in fact.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 20:54:01 -0400
"jimisuz1 ." <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to know how to set the "page" settings so I can print,, as an
> example,,,  pages: 1,3,5,7,9,,,,etc. without having to print the even
> numbered pages.
> I have been  trying to do so.
> The information I am trying to print in this manner comes as an attachment
> of an e-mail.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Sincerely,,
> James
> geminix1966@gmail.com

Set the page style in use to be Right page style only.

When printing you may need to uncheck "Print automatically inserted blank pages" on  /Tools /Options /OpenOffice Writer : Print.
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 21-Sep-15 10:54, jimisuz1 . wrote:
> I would like to know how to set the "page" settings so I can print,, as an
> example,,,  pages: 1,3,5,7,9,,,,etc. without having to print the even
> numbered pages.
There are different options:
1. Use the default page format and modify the Footer tab, tick the
Footer on option and
     deselect the Same content left/right option. Now insert Fields ..
Page number on page 1
    Only odd pages show page numbers. This is only useful if the rest of
page formats are constant.
2. Use the Right Page and Left Page formats  and update the Next Style
on the Organizer tab
    So for Right page use Left Page as the next Style. This way you can
have each format have their
    own Header and Footer

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org>.
On 9/20/2015 7:54 PM, jimisuz1 . wrote:
> I would like to know how to set the "page" settings so I can print,, as an
> example,,,  pages: 1,3,5,7,9,,,,etc. without having to print the even
> numbered pages.
> I have been  trying to do so.
> The information I am trying to print in this manner comes as an attachment
> of an e-mail.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Sincerely,,
> James
> geminix1966@gmail.com

The option for "odd pages only" is not in the AOO Page settings, but
rather is found in the print dialog AFTER YOU HAVE EXPORTED TO PDF.

Dale Erwin

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 08:11:09 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 07:52:29 +0100
> Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > At 20:54 20/09/2015 -0400, James Noname wrote:
> > >I would like to know how to set the "page" settings so I can print,
> > >as an example, pages: 1,3,5,7,9, etc. without having to print the
> > >even numbered pages.
>
> I took the question to mean "how to number the pages to be only 1, 3, 5 etc".  My method will do that.
>
> Brian Barker's method will print only the  odd numbered pages.
>
> Depending on the operating system in use, the print dialogs in use and the exact printer, there is sometimes an option (possibly on the Page Layout tab of the /File /Print dialog) to print only odd or even pages.
>
> Rory O'Farrell

A further thought: my memory is that Adobe Reader allows the printing of odd or even pages only - I can't check as it is not installed on this computer - if the document is large it might be simplest to /File /Export as PDF and then print the odd pages from the PDF using that option in Adobe Reader rather than having to hand enter all the odd page numbers in the printing selection of OpenOffice.

Rory O'Farrell

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.